Tuesday, June 19, 2007

-= Safari for Windows =-


well i'm writing this post from Apple's Safari browser Beta 3 for Windows. I've been using it now all day and I have to say I'll be switiching back to FireFox tomorrow.

The Good Points:
 - It's great for development use. ie I can now check a website displays properly on a mac without having to use one.
 - It's clean and pretty and the font smoothing is really nice.
 - It's fast.

The Bad Points:
 - Ad blocking is a little sporadic
 - The scrolling is too slow
 - Its completely un-customisable
 - The RSS is not as good as LiveLinks in FireFox
 - Theres no home button on the Beta
 - There's no drop down menu on the back button
 - There's no drop down menu on the address bar

All in all I will keep it to test websites I make, but it won't be my default browser. 
If you look at the videos on the apple site, they haven't even got safari as their default browser... and I wonder why?

2 comments:

Minh said...

its a beta wot do u expect!

boujemong said...

the beta means i can excuse bugs, but theres no shortcut to the address bar (F6 in FF) and so many other little things, like not auto focusing on the first text box.
theres no excuses... but my next pc is a mac :s