Tuesday, December 12, 2006

-=Another Mini Project=-

flash frontend - mysql backend


The latest of my inventions hits the uk market. I made this whilst researching for my 3rd year project.
I liked the idea of a flash front end, as it offers massive improvements compared to php, for example creating my on screen keyboard will be easy in flash and php, but in flash you dont get the 'html blink' when the page refreshes.
So this set of files contains a front end (flash) with a middleman (php) and a backend (mysql).
When you enter a name and click search it will return the age in the box on the right.
This code is as basic as I could make it, so that it is easy to expand on. Many tutorials i read made you put in so much code which wasnt needed. This is simple, which means adding extra colums etc is very easy.

This code will be the base of my product location system (3rd year project).

you could view it online (although it wont work as the database is local) here
so i recommend downloading the source code here

next project: binary to ascii conversion
(opposite of before)
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: